It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

Post subject: WindowEyes Support?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:22 am 

Hi,

a friend of mine is blind and uses herefor Win-8 with Windoweyes (www.windoweyes.at, a really good screenreader). I recommended this wonderful classic shell for better use, because he is used to work with WinXP. Unfortunatly after installing Classic Shell there is no screenreader speaking actively while classic shell usage, silence only.

Im not sure wether this is a bug or a nonimplemented feature, so i write it here.

I also not sure, wheter this lack is fixable at windowseyes' or classic shell's side, so I wrote to windoweyes.at asking for classic shell support, too.

Tfh!

Regards,
Oliver

Post subject: Re: WindowEyes Support?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:29 am 

Does Window-Eyes have an option in its settings to enable Active Accessibility (MSAA)? Classic Shell supports this older API, whereas my guess is that Window-Eyes may have switched to the newer UI Automation API which Classic Shell does not support as of this writing. That may be why it doesn't read anything.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:08 pm 

bump. can you please make classic shell work with window eyes? ms made some deal with them and now full version of window eyes is free: http://www.windoweyesforoffice.com/ classic shell works flawlessly with jaws and narrator but not window eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

I added it to the list of things to consider in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:39 pm 

Hello I am a blind computer user and I have used Classic Shell successfully for years but have also found it does not work with Window-Eyes. As Window-Eyes is now being freely distributed as part of the Microsoft Access Project for all Office users it is bound over the coming year to replace Jaws as the dominant screen reader. Basically as it is free nobody will fork out £1,000 for a copy of Jaws. It does become very important for blind users of Classic Shell that support is urgently added for Window-Eyes. David Griffith

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:12 am 

Window Eyes 9.0 and above works properly with Classic Shell. Get it from www.windoweyesforoffice.com

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.