It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:57 pm 

Hello fellas! I've run into this issue that I hope someone here can help me with. Recently I went to remove HomeGroup and Quick Access from my explorer context via the registry. Well, once I did that Classic Shell stopped working properly and now when I click my Classic Shell start button explorer crashes and restarts itself. I've disabled Classic Shell and Windows 10s default start menu works perfectly fine.

I'm running the newest version of Classic Shell (4.3.1) and I'm on Windows Fall Creators update. (Version 1709 - Build 16299.125)

I have a crash dump off Windows explorer when I click the Classic Shell start button that hopefully you guys can make sense of.

What can I do to fix this? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments:
File comment: Explorer crash dump file
explorer.exe.11044.zip [569.69 KiB]
Downloaded 1795 times
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:24 pm 

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing classic shell. (without the explorer component)

If that fails try a completely removing it with the classic shell utility: http://classicshell.net/downloads/

If you are looking for a fix on our end. its not likely to happen as IVO has recently abandoned the project (it is open source now though)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:57 am 

Yea, I've tried uninstalling via Windows uninstaller. It didn't seem to fix it so I suppose I'll try using the utility.

I did hear that it was abandoned. Unfortunate as that may be I can't complain as I got several good years out of this free program. Hopefully I'll be able to resolve my issues with the utility, but if not then one can only hope others will pick up the torch.

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:01 pm 

coDyDaTallGuy wrote:
Hopefully I'll be able to resolve my issues with the utility

Did it work?