It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:30 pm 

I refer to the Creator (1703) edition of Win10 and in particular to the disappearance of custom selected TaskBar shortcuts.

The issue being when rebooting or starting a computer the selected shortcut that has been 'pinned to the Taskbar' just disappears and never to be seen again. I have examined and monitored the creation of any given pinned shortcut - it is seen on he taskbar and is also seen as a file within the path of Quicklaunch.

I am not sure where to head right now as I have spent almost 18 hours with Microsoft Answer Desk Agents where they have got me to reinstall the Creator edition (3 times !) and Win10 Anniversary edition once. The actions were just to prove that the Anniversary version capably handled and retained pinned taskbar items - which it proved to be capable of retaining shortcuts. One AnswerDesk Agent decided to claim a bug within the Creator edition.

Does any one have a simular experience with the selected taskbar items dissappearing on restarting of a computer?

I wonder whether the issue is any way related to Classic Shell as I notice that after upgrading to the Anniversary or Creator editions a Classic Menu screen prompt is displayed requesting that Classic menu be updated. Updated by way of hitting the yes or no button but no upgrade is undertaken. My version of Classic Shell is 4.3.0.

I would like to upgrade to the Creator edition but not while there is this issue of disappearing customised TaskBar shortcuts until it is some how solved - I am staying with the Anniversary edition.

Could this be an issue with Classic Shell? If not has any one experienced this issue with the Creator edition?

I look forward to hearing from forum members.

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:43 am 
Site Admin

It is unlikely that Classic Shell interferes with the buttons on the taskbar. If you suspect that's the case, just uninstall Classic Shell for a few days.
the Creators Update is new, and as such possibly still buggy.