It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:16 pm 

Good day,

I recently installed the newest version and discovered that whenever i try to run any game, it automatically minimizes. I already double checked this bug trying to find the culprit and as it turns out, Classic Start Menu was causing it. I reverted back to Start8 for Windows 8.1 and problem solved.

Now I'm not sure if it has any conflict to my objectdock currently running as a taskbar replacement. However one of the game test i did, objectdock was completely unloaded and games still minimizing for some reason.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Has this problem been encountered before?

Any information will be greatly appreciated. I really prefer Classi Start Menu since it has way lots more feature and customizations than Stardocks Start8 app.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:36 am 

No one has reported this problem before. On Windows 8.1, open Classic Start Menu Settings and go to the Windows 8.1 Settings tab. Uncheck "Skip Metro screen" and see if the game minimizing issue goes away, although I don't see any relation. On Windows 8.0 RTM, Classic Shell uses a trick to show the Desktop but on Windows 8.1, it simply toggles the OS setting to boot to the Desktop.

Do you have any other app installed that may be minimizing games such as Skip Metro Suite or another Start menu or Metro skipping app that might be conflicting?

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.