It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:20 pm 

I'm running version 4.3.0 of the start menu and LOVE the taskbar skinning feature. I thought it was about time it was added, and it's simply awesome to be able to make it a color different than your glass color, or even an image. Thanks for implementing it. :) However, I just noticed that the taskbar skinning only works if you have it positioned at the bottom of your screen. If you move it to any other position, only the start button region and tray area have the skin. The rest uses the default taskbar design from your theme. I checked, it does this with both 3rd party and default aero themes. I even tried texturing the taskbar with an image while at the top, and only those two aforementioned areas have the image. Just wondered if you knew about this or if it's a limitation.

Attachments:
File comment: Annnnnnnnnd the skin is gone
taskbar at top.png [64.67 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
File comment: Everything appears normal here
taskbar at bottom.png [54.15 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:56 pm 
Site Admin

What version of Windows do you have?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:28 pm 

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:33 pm 

@MrMii-CSF, I cannot reproduce the problem you're facing on my Windows 7 x64 SP1. When I move the taskbar to the top it is skinned properly on my PC. Are you using a flat color or a texture? Is there anything specific to be done to reproduce the problem? If so, please give the steps for that.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:56 pm 

I'm using a flat color for the skinning with regular glass transparency turned on. There's nothing special I'm doing with the taskbar or anything out of the ordinary that I think would be causing it (except maybe a problem with my Windows installation which I won't get into unless necessary). I simply pick the color, adjust the opacity, and try to move it. Doesn't seem to be fixed with any color, or any image I've tried. Thought it was the Glass CMD program I found, but killing that didn't fix it, neither did exiting Classic Shell and re-opening it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:13 am 
Site Admin

What is this Glass CMD program? Maybe killing it is not enough. Maybe you need to disable it and restart.
Also, it looks like you are using a custom theme. That may be contributing to the problem. Classic Shell is not designed to work with other software that messes with the look of the taskbar.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:29 pm 

The Glass CMD problem was a small applet designed for Vista that simply makes the background of a Command Prompt be glass instead of a solid opaque color. And I did try switching to a default Windows theme and moving the taskbar with no luck. I'll update this once I disable Glass CMD and restart.

Edit: Disabling Glass CMD and restarting didn't yield any fruit.