It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:43 pm 

First I apologize for my poor standard of English.

After Windows Update appears instead of my own account picture only the default account picture. Before Windows Update this has worked correctly. In Windows itself will continue to show the correct accound picture (for example in the blocking screen). Is the problem already known? I use the newest version von Classic Shell (4.3.0).

Attachments:
AccountPicture_after.PNG
AccountPicture_after.PNG [ 1.01 KiB | Viewed 12100 times ]
AccountPicture_before.PNG
AccountPicture_before.PNG [ 4.69 KiB | Viewed 12100 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:59 pm 

This bug was reported by a few users but it could not be reproduced on our PCs so it's hard to determine what exactly causes it.

If the Start Menu user picture does not change to reflect the Windows account picture that you've set, there is a dedicated setting in Start Menu Settings on the General Behavior tab to change the user picture.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:43 am 

Thanks for the answer. Amazing that this error is not comprehensible. Currently I have umgestellt three computers (32 & 64bit) with the update. The error occurs anywhere.

The described adjustment I tried and it works. This manually fill out on multiple computers for each user, of course, is not effective. But if it is in the near future is no solution, I'll try to solve that via script.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:54 am 

The Start menu calls a system function to get the picture. That function usually places it in the temp folder as a BMP file. With the in-place upgrade to Anniversary Update, the permissions on your %tmp% folder or the user picture file could have got messed up.

Can you please give us more details on your setup to figure out the cause of the issue? Are you using a local account or a Microsoft account? I have a clean install of Anniversary Update, use a local account and the picture shows correctly.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:31 am 

The update brought several "problems" with it. Reinstalling incl. update I have not tried.

In %tmp% folder is a bmp file with the first name of the logged-on user. However, here the standard profile picture is stored.

I use local accounts. The Account Pictures of the computer are standard in %Public%\ Account Pictures\ S-1-5-21 -...