It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:16 am 

For some reason classic shell (4.2.5) start button stays visible when DirectX 12 game is running in exclusive fullscreen mode. You can try that with for example with Tomb Raider...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:25 am 
Site Admin

I don't have that game. Does it have a free demo? And will it start on a GTX 260 card?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:29 am 

I can confirm this. I just noticed it as a problem on Assassin's Creed Unity and came to report a bug. I figured I'd tag onto this one since it's already been reported.

I downloaded Unreal 4 Directx11 and DirectX12 demos and the button didn't appear while those demos were running, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

I'm running Windows 10 with settings to use Windows 7 Style, Replace Start button, Aero selected. I believe the rest of my settings are unchanged from the defaults.

If you want to offer some direction, I can probably carve out some time to do a little testing with different settings to see what works and what doesn't if that's helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:42 pm 

I can also confirm this, I see it on Evolve Stage 2

Found this topic by googling the issue. I'll see if it affects any other games.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:09 pm 

Same thing here in Rise of the Tomb Raider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:17 am 

Hello,

Having this issue too with DX12 titles. Battlefield 1 is showing the start button but only in DX12 mode. I have to kill Classic Shell before launching the game to solve this issue. Any updates to resolve this issue yet?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:32 pm 

same problem with the new HITMAN game. dx11 mode works fine but once ya enable dx12 the start button stays on the screen. Not really a big deal at first but if you happen to move the mouse to the lower left corner while playing and click, it will actually activate the start menu and automatically minimize the game bringing you back to the desktop. gets really annoying, switched back to dx11 for now. one thing i did notice though is this bug doesnt happen with all dx12 games, only some. running dolphin emulator in dx12 doesnt have this issue. weird...

running latest version of classic shell 4.3.0 with a custom start button applied. had to set custom size to 45 or else the button was way too big. not sure if the bug has anything to do with this...