It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:55 am 

I have a toshiba laptop [x875-7390] that has Windows 8 and worked as Win8 allowed. Otherwise perfectly

I installed classic shell and the system related menu functions seem to close before I can activate them.

Example:
I right click on the desktop, select <screen resolution>, and activate the drop down menu for screen resolution... it collapses before I can select anything

As I was typing this bug report, my browser was sent to the background and I had to use the mouse pointer to re-select the browser window.

It seems that the program interrupts Windows constantly?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:48 am 

screen resolution shouldn't have a drop-down menu by default?, if you mean click and opened an explorer window, and it closed? that would be explorer crashing

@browser being minimized while sending bug report;were you sending a Microsoft crash report maybe? or were you on a website (this?) typing a bug report?

@the program interrupting windows; nothing in classic shell as far as i know takes focus without a user input (pressing window key, or clicking the button), and it certainly doesn't minimize other windows; so if it this is the case, its defiantly a bug. Are you running anything else that may be affecting behavior aside from windows 8 and classic shell?
any other explorer toolbars? have you disabled the ribbon UI ect?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:27 am 
Site Admin

Looks like some program tries to take focus periodically. It might as well be the start menu, although it is not supposed to do that. Right-click on the start button and select Exit. See if that fixes it. Then launch ClassicStartMenu.exe and see if the problem starts again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:34 pm 

Sorry to blame your product. It was instant messenger. I closed that window and the resource hogging went

okay, something just put the browser to the background again... didnt

just did it again

stupid technology