It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

Post subject: Screen won't reawaken
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:26 pm 

After installing Classic Shell, which by the way was a dream when it came to wrangling Windows 8 into submission, I noticed that when my laptop's screen turns off, for example when I close it or leave alone for a while, the screen wouldn't turn on again, although the machine was on. I have since uninstalled Classic Shell and it isn't a problem any more.

No one else seems to have reported a similar problem, but when I started typing it into Google, 'classic shell screen won't turn on after sleep' appeared in the Google instant list.

Any idea for what might have caused this?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:14 pm 
Site Admin

There are 3 possibilities - the problem may not be related to Classic Shell, and it is just a coincidence. The problem may be related to the start menu. The problem may be related to the service.
You can stop the start menu by right-clicking on the start button and selecting Exit. See if the problem persists.
You can stop the service from services.msc and see if that fixes the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:15 am 

After reinstalling, it doesn't seem to be an issue any more - may be unrelated. If it starts happening again I'll try those out and post here. Thanks!