It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:12 pm 

Hello, I found a menu skin called "Black Metro skin for Windows 10" which is obviously the same skin that comes by default but black :D. I have read the credits of the skin but the person who edited it (mrbumpy409) did not change the credits "(c) 2009-2016, Ivo Beltchev", I think it's fair.

From now on, I will use Classic Shell on my pc every time ... but I do videotutorials on Youtube, my question is: I will be using Black Metro skin for Windows 10, it is necessary that I give credits to mrbumpy409 in every video I make? Since it is likely that the skin will be visible certain times when I open the menu.

I hope your answer, I know that probably is not necessary since the copyright of the skin belongs to Ivo, but I want to make sure. A hug.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:19 pm 

using it in a video, you should be good. mr.bumpy apparently didnt care (as few really do) otherwise he would have changed the credits to include his name, as-well as Ivo's Though if you want to re-distribute i would suggest including his name somewhere on the page :P
in reality most people dont care to much about copyright usage, aslong as your not trying to make money directly off there work (IE creating a commercial product, and bundling the skins with it)
the absolute worst that would happen, is you get a message from him asking you to stop, and i cant say ive ever seen that happen :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:27 pm 

Thank you! I'm really not going to distribute it, I'm just going to use it on my pc and it will be visible in tutorials. Of course, in case I distribute it I will give credits or I would put the original link. All I wanted to know was whether there would be problems or not. Thanks again. :D