It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:59 pm 

Ok so I've got this weird issue when I connect to Windows 10 from my iPad, rdp via microsoft's own 'RD Client' app.
The context menu is scaled all out of wack; I tried to right click and hit properties, and just look at this! Most of the context menu items are off the page; Do you see that little arrow at the bottom? The one that will probably take you to Properties? Yeah, you gotta hit that liek 20 times without touching anything else otherwise you have to start over.

When did this start happening? I'm pretty sure I do not have the anniversary update yet. Anybody else out there having this?

Anybody got any Reg-Fu hacks that could save the day here??

Attachments:
File comment: Here we are, in the exact same session, just a different context menu and no scaling
NormalMenu.jpg [414.21 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
File comment: Notice the spacing between context menu items is huge - pushing most of it off the page!
ExpandedMenu.jpg [397.37 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:06 am 

You definitely have atleast the Anniversary update. (I can tell by the position of the Notification Center button in the Taskbar, unless you have another explanation .-. )

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:37 am 

I'm at 1607 (OS Build 14393.1066), so I believe that's from July of 2016. Wikipedia has latest build 15063. So I haven't yet installed the anniversary update

I'm hoping to test this out a bit first, before I update and see how that affects things

Anybody think of anything I should try first?

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:25 am 

L33tECE wrote:
I'm at 1607 (OS Build 14393.1066), so I believe that's from July of 2016. Wikipedia has latest build 15063. So I haven't yet installed the anniversary update

I'm hoping to test this out a bit first, before I update and see how that affects things

Anybody think of anything I should try first?

Um...that proves that you have the Anniversary Update - 14393 is the Anniversary update .-.

(15063 is the latest build...also known as the Creators update ._. )

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:39 pm 

Potato potahto lol

Ok so I'm on creator's update.... I'm determined to find a solution thought. I don't mind writing a bit of code, or maybe route the rdp through my server or something so that it doesnt appear as an iPad maybe? Idk

Any gurus out there have any possible advice? Where I could look to research a solution?