It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:36 am 

I cannot see the www addresses that links in e-mails would take me to. Whilst my antivirus program might protect me, I prefer to first see them and make a conscious decision. The addresses appear behind the not totally opaque Windows taskbar, but are illegible. I want to keep the taskbar having its degree of opacity. The taskbar is set to auto-hide, in its own properties.

I did discover a forum question
and answer
http://aureliusq.deviantart.com/art/Invisible-Taskbar-Windows-8-1-492617198 which using imported program and complex settings could permanently minimise or remove the taskbar, but my laptop is a business machine where reliability is key and I have a lots of program shortcuts (nearly 20) on the taskbar where they are really convenient

I am wondering if taskbar auo-hide has been nobbled by Classic Shell. Each time I reset taskbar to auto-hide, it starts to drop down but it pops right back up at once. Any ideas, thanks. :?:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:01 pm 

So your problem is that the bottom of internet explorer is being cut off by the taskbar because of auto-hide?
and auto-hide for some reason isnt working properly?

Im not sure how to fix your problem (and I don't have it myself, when i enable auto-hide with classic shell) but
A temporary fix is to disable auto-hide; this will resize the desktop work area, so a maximized window doesn't try to fill the bottom of the screen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

Classic Shell should not interfere with the normal operation of the auto-hide taskbar. You can try to temporarily disable it or uninstall it to verify that.
Maybe some program is trying to get your attention on the taskbar, or some tray icon is trying to show a message.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:06 am 

Thank you Jcee and Site Admin - both answers solved this - problem resolved.